Unwanted video zoom

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
Stanley
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Unwanted video zoom

Post by Stanley »

Hello,
I have a problem with recorded video on my Samsung Galaxy A3 (2017 A320F, front camera). It looks like an zoom level, but I cant find such settings in the LapTimer. You can compare attached screenshots from recorded video. The first one is made by another app (Open Camera) and the second one is made by LapTimer. Both in Full HD.
Thanks for advice.
Attachments
OpenCamera
OpenCamera
Screenshot_20180514-125856.png (837.56 KiB) Viewed 1223 times
LapTimer
LapTimer
Screenshot_20180514-125907.png (568.3 KiB) Viewed 1223 times
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Unwanted video zoom

Post by Harry »

Hi,

LapTimer does not set the field of view but uses the standard selected by the smartphone manufacturer. You may try a different resolution - sometimes this changes the FoV too.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Mateusz
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by Mateusz »

Another feature that tends to mess with FOV is image stabilisation. But than again, not sure how to turn it off outside of the standard spec.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Software image stabilization cuts off a border area around the frames. But, to me, the sample attached is reduced by far too much to be caused by image stabilization. You can try if image stabilization has an effect by turning it off:

LapTimer ‣ Race ‣ Timer ‣ Video ‣ turn internal cam on ‣ Preview ‣ tools button in the top right ‣ Image Stabilization ‣ Off

- Harry
Image Image Image Image