Export very touchy in Android

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
svtdoug
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Export very touchy in Android

Post by svtdoug »

When exporting/Overlay a video file, the process is very intolerant of anything else being done to my Android phone - LG G5. If I turn off the screen and back on, it disrupts the export. If a call comes in, or text, it disrupts the process. If I change to another app, it disrupts the process. Can this process be made to be more tolerant of other things going on with the phone? Shouldn't the process be able to run in the background?

Thanks,

Doug
2018 Shelby GT350 - Leadfoot Gray with black strip
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: Export very touchy in Android

Post by gplracerx »

Shouldn't the process be able to run in the background?
Video processing is very resource intensive. So no, it's not something that can run in the background. In fact, HLT doesn't run at all in the background and releases all resources far as I know.
svtdoug
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by svtdoug »

Ok, no background processing, but shutting off the screen for a moment and then back on?
2018 Shelby GT350 - Leadfoot Gray with black strip
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by gplracerx »

svtdoug wrote:Ok, no background processing, but shutting off the screen for a moment and then back on?
Isn't that the definition of background?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Both sending the app to background (pulling another or Springboard forward), and sending the phone to sleep has the same effect: the app is resigning active state. For LapTimer, this means the app will interrupt standard processing and release all resources.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
ereynold60
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by ereynold60 »

I would love the ability to do overlays on a PC, possibly running under some Android emulator. So, export lap data and re-link video files, then run batch overlays using "Laptimer" code. (Yes, I know there is RaceRender for this, but I find the gauges and layout to be a bit cartoonish). I do prefer the cleaner overlays produced by Laptimer.

I know, this is "feature" request...