Racetrack Overlay Quality Problem

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
sechszeichen
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Racetrack Overlay Quality Problem

Post by sechszeichen »

UPDATE > SOLVED - SEE HARRYS ANSWER

Problem: The overlay of the racetrack "Anneau du Rhin" is quite bad to be honest, specially compared to other videos out there from the same racetrack. There are two available racetracks - I tried both of them with the same result. Any suggetions?

See the comparison: Left is from a Youtube Video / Right is from my overlay video.

Last edited by sechszeichen on Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Racetrack Overlay Quality Problem

Post by Harry »

This is your own data recording, no predefined shape. I assume FPA used an external GPS (5 or 10 Hz). The second snapshot is a 1 Hz recording - probably with low accuracy in addition.

Furthermore, the LapTimer v21 feature "Dynamic Map" has been enabled. To get the full track displayed all the time, un-tick the respective option in Overlay Configuration (iOS: second page, Android: scroll to bottom).

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
sechszeichen
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: Racetrack Overlay Quality Problem

Post by sechszeichen »

Oh crap... hoped it would have been some sort of mix between predefined shape and gps recording. You can close the case and thanks for the hint about dynamic map.