Newbie with a issue - data gone?

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
Golfyste
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Newbie with a issue - data gone?

Post by Golfyste »

Hi, i recently purchased HLT and tried using it on a track day i have just done.
Half way through the day i had a pop up saying that my phone had run out of space but i thought that's fine ill just delete some old videos or something. But then the app crashed and when i reopened it all my lap analysis has gone! i can still see the videos in the video list but there just nothing in the analysis section.

Question is can i get this information back? or is it gone for good?

Cheers
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Newbie with a issue - data gone?

Post by Harry »

When the database can't be stored due to memory limitations, it may get corrupt. LapTimer tries to recover from that, but it isn't possible in all situations. But LapTimer creates backups when running into unexpected situations, so you may find one you can restore.
  1. Free up memory. Make sure you have at least 0.5GB available. As long as you can't free up enough or add an SD card for videos, do not use this feature.
  2. Goto Administration ‣ Databases and check for automatic backups. Swipe (iOS) or long press (Android) a promising backup and select Recover. In case this fails, repeat with an older backup.
Do not uninstall the app, this will wipe local backups too!

- Harry
Image Image Image Image