Exported video iseless.

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
gt40mkii
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Exported video iseless.

Post by gt40mkii »

Very disappointed here. I've got lap data and video recorded *by* HLT. The video file is nice and smooth, but the exported video with overlay data has an unacceptably low frame rate. Why would HLT alter the video's frame rate?

(Lap, & video recorded and exported using an LG V10 and the HLT Petrolhead version.)

Not real happy, right now.)
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Exported video iseless.

Post by Harry »

LapTimer doesn't alter the frame rate intentionally. There may be issues with the video format / the device model or frame rates above 60Hz. In case the LG's decoder / encoder is not working with LapTimer, switch to software based encoding in LapTimer's Expert Settings.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Mateusz
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by Mateusz »

I recently noticed reduced frame rate of the PiP reference video (main picture is fine). Is it normal? When rendering the reference video on its own it is nice, as expected. 30fps, 1080p.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Reference videos (or more general: PiPs) are different because frames are selected to match the master's frames. This can result in some artifacts. I need to test this, but it is probably good to have a higher frame rate for the PiP, e.g. 30 fps for the Master and 60 fps for the PiP. In case it is the other way around, PiP display will stutter.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Mateusz
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by Mateusz »

Both are the same 30fps in this case.I have not noticed any problems with 60fps videos (perhaps because even half of 60fps in the pip video is good enough).