Upgraded to GP, now I can't encode anything

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
Danzilla3000
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Upgraded to GP, now I can't encode anything

Post by Danzilla3000 »

I was encoding video from a session last weekend, and I was able to get it to do the overlay properly, but I had some sync point issues. While mucking around with that, I decided to upgrade to the GP edition (for the additional overlay data). Since then, I cannot use hardware acceleration, regardless of adjusting the Overlay Frame Capacity and the Software Overlay Quality. When I encode using software acceleration only, it encodes (or appears to), but the video won't play (in any player).

I've reset the Expert Settings,but I'm not sure what to look at next. Is there a primer on how to adjust sync points? This seems like something that could be easily adjusted, but I'm not sure how it's done.

Thanks,

- Dan
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Upgraded to GP, now I can't encode anything

Post by Harry »

The only difference for your upgraded LapTimer is that is will include picture in picture videos. This is relevant in case you have more than one video associated with the lap overlaid, or if the reference lap has a video (which will be added for comparison). Try what happens if you disable the reference video in Overlay Configuration (for iOS, this is on page 2 of Overlay Configuration, for Android it is down the list). Chances are good there is a format issue with your video in case the Software based method fails.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image