Speed graph in lap details

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
TomMurray
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Speed graph in lap details

Post by TomMurray »

Hi Harry,

I tested the lap timer at the track last Sunday. Unfortunately I forgot to take the Bad Elf gps with me, so was only able to use the onboard GPS. I wasn't able to check times against our built-in timing system but I can give you an update on that after this weekend.

At any rate, the question I had was in regards to the speed graph in the 'diagram' tab under lap details. I have had the bike radared at about 270km/h on the main straight, but the graph is showing top speed at about 167/168. Am I right in assuming this is in miles per hour? I initially thought it could be a poor GPS fix giving incorrect speed, but 168 miles per hour would fit in with my known main straight speed.

Kind regards,

Tom.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Speed graph in lap details

Post by Harry »

LapTimer uses the unit standard from your device's country settings. The units used are shown in the top of the history views. In case you want to override the default setting, please navigate to Settings and select the unit system (metric, imperial) of choice.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
TomMurray
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by TomMurray »

Hi Harry,

I'd already checked all available settings and ensured they were on metric units. I'm not too sure how to attach a photo here but the graph is showing km/h on the left but the data is showing what appears to be MPH. Any ideas?

Cheers,

Tom.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hi,

please send the screenshot to LapTimer@gmx.de for analysis.
You can attach it here using a link to a server, but that's probably a bit too complicated.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
TomMurray
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by TomMurray »

Hi Harry,

I tested LT again today and used the Bad Elf GPS. I'm happy to report that the incorrect speeds were resolved and the Bad Elf was able to smooth out the map and give more accurate detail.

Kind regards,

Tom.