VBOX Sport integration

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
tassie mx-5
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

VBOX Sport integration

Post by tassie mx-5 »

I've been using Racechrono for years, but when bought a Racelogic VBOX Sport laptimer,I thought I'd get HLT a go, since it was meant to integrate well with VBOX Sport.

I installed HLT Grand Prix edition (v21.2) onto a Samsung Galaxy S4 running Android 5.0.1.
It has been running Racechrono without any issues, and has adequate specs from what I've read, so I thought it should be fine.

I paired the VBOX Sport and the S4, but I cannot see the VBOX Sport in the list of sensors though - just the Samsung devices.
Much to my bemusement though, I discovered that Racechrono *can* see and use the VBOX Sport, so the issue must be with HLT...

Is there some setting in HLT that I've missed?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: VBOX Sport integration

Post by Harry »

Please have a look into viewtopic.php?f=39&t=2463
It shows how to connect BT devices to LapTimer. The VBOX will be recognized once you have added it.
Please take care to disable GPS helper apps and kill other GPS apps accessing the VBOX.
External devices allow the connection to one app at a time only. Most apps are no good citizens and will not release GPS devices when sent to background. Instead you need to kill them. LapTimer releases resources while in background, so the other way around is fine.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image