GoPro Relink what am I missing?

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
gremlin
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: GoPro Relink what am I missing?

Post by gremlin »

I have 80 videos in my photos and video library, 1,378 items total in my camera roll on this phone. I can 100% reproduce the freeze at any time.

I appreciate all the help harry thank you. The question remains though, what am I doing wrong that is not allowing me to have videos that know where they are automatically?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

You may create a video showing how you add a video from scratch or re-link a video recorded using an action cam (using LapTimer). I will have a look into it. Usually, there is some misunderstanding in how the dialogs need to be used. Please send links to harry@gps-laptimer.de

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
tdott
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by tdott »

Harry wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:53 am You may create a video showing how you add a video from scratch or re-link a video recorded using an action cam (using LapTimer). I will have a look into it. Usually, there is some misunderstanding in how the dialogs need to be used. Please send links to harry@gps-laptimer.de

- Harry
I am having a similar issue, I got the placeholder and was able to relink a video once. But I had tried a later lap in that session so hlt didn't link all my only only up until that one.

So I deleted all the video links from each lap, and I tried to do the re-link again, but now the placeholder is gone and it is forcing me to choose the end of timed lap, which is a pain and I won't bother doing it.

Is there any way to get the place holder back and re-link all my laps from that session?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Only in case you have a backup of the lap database you can restore. When recording a video with a GoPro connected, LapTimer will create a record with the sync information and an empty link for later connection between lap and video. With your first Re-Link, you completed that record. I do not know how exactly you removed the video afterwards, but not seeing a placeholder means the named record is gone.

Without that record, you will be asked to set the sync point / end of lap yourself.

On the issue not all laps have been linked correctly: when re-linking, LapTimer will check for other laps before and behind the lap re-linked that are considered in the same session and that are covered by the video. To be considered within the same session, laps need to have a gap of at most 0.05s. The next time this happens, please just re-link these outer links to the same video.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
atmosx
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by atmosx »

Harry wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:08 pm Only in case you have a backup of the lap database you can restore. When recording a video with a GoPro connected, LapTimer will create a record with the sync information and an empty link for later connection between lap and video. With your first Re-Link, you completed that record. I do not know how exactly you removed the video afterwards, but not seeing a placeholder means the named record is gone.

Without that record, you will be asked to set the sync point / end of lap yourself.
OMG! I made the same mistake! Is it possible to re-link without deleting first? Can we get automated back when we first open a the app the re-link is needed, so in case we have to re-run this procedure we get the sync out of the box?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

You can Re-Link as often as required. Re-Linking is just a file selection, the sync timing information is not changed. So in case you associate the wrong video first, just return to Lap List / the lap, tap the (wrong) video thumbnail, select Re-Link and so on.
Image Image Image Image
tdott
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by tdott »

Harry wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:44 pm You can Re-Link as often as required. Re-Linking is just a file selection, the sync timing information is not changed. So in case you associate the wrong video first, just return to Lap List / the lap, tap the (wrong) video thumbnail, select Re-Link and so on.
Harry is there a way to get the re-link option on laps that don't show it?

I have a session where it's a full 18 minutes of video on the gopro but only about 4 of the 9 laps have were linked when I did the re-link. Laps 5-9 don't show that option.

It was all 1 session recorded at once.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Well, you can add a video to a lap. However, provided all 9 laps are considered a session by LapTimer, any change to the sync of lap 1, 2, 3, or 4 will complete the association with the other laps. It is kind of a "behind the scenes" repair. In case the 9 laps are not considered a session (e.g. because there is one lap missing between 4 and 5), you can add the video to lap 5, and get it associated to 6,7,8,9 automatically. Afterwards, you can overlay 1-4 and 5-9 separately.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image