Video Export Issues - Aspect Ratio and Resolution

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
jt2002
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Video Export Issues - Aspect Ratio and Resolution

Post by jt2002 »

Hi guys,

Some of my videos are being exported at low resoltuion (640x480) with an incorrect aspect ratio!

I ran a session this weekend with the iphone mounted on the front, and gopro hero 4 session mounted on the rear window. I imported and synced the gopro footage manually into HLT after the session.

Half way through the session, it looks like my iphone stopped recording video, but luckily the gopro continued.

My exports with overlay before the iphone stopped recording are fine, are exported at 1280x720 and include the gopro footage as a picture in picture (PIP). See lap 36 attached.

But when I export laps with overlay after the iphone stopped are being exported at 640x480. See lap 37 attached. I can convert them to 853x480 to correct the aspect ratio, but I'm really hoping to export at full resolution.

Does anybody know how i might be able to do this?
Attachments
Lap 37 - gopro footage 640x480
Lap 37 - gopro footage 640x480
lap 37.PNG (1.22 MiB) Viewed 1078 times
Lap 36 - iPhone footage 1280x720 including PiP
Lap 36 - iPhone footage 1280x720 including PiP
720p with pip.png (882.09 KiB) Viewed 1078 times
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Video Export Issues - Aspect Ratio and Resolution

Post by Harry »

Hi,

LapTimer (iOS) may generate videos with wrong aspect ratio for not supported width/height resolution combinations, but never change the resolution. Can you please check if you have transferred the correct video from your GoPro? GoPros record videos at several resolutions, at least the full size video plus a thumbnail version.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image