Can NOT assign video to a lap

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
metro2084
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Can NOT assign video to a lap

Post by metro2084 »

I've been recording a video to a Hero5. Downloaded video file as described in instructions through iTunes, so now it's in HLT sandbox. BUT when I go to Lap List there's no empty video placeholder in any lap of that session.

Please help?
Thanks.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Can NOT assign video to a lap

Post by Harry »

On case you have remote controlled the 5 using LapTimet GrandPrix, a placeholder should be around including sync information. In case you have recorded the video manually (or the placeholder misses for some other reason), please select the lap first. For iOS, press Edit and New Video afterwards, for Android select New Video from the top right menu.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
metro2084
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by metro2084 »

Harry,
I had a problem during that day, HLT wouldn't start the lap automatically (I set it up as only external cam) and there would be no video recorded on Hero5. Any ideas why?

So I decided to manually start recording after coming out from the pits. Like you said in previous post, I selected first lap (out of 7), set up end of first timed lap and applied to the whole session. After that I went to the lap I was interested in (lap 6) and found out that it started a few seconds early. Why would that happen?

Also, I got a message in HLT: "Confirmation. Number of laps available for multi lap overlays reduced due to inconsistent sync points. Please adjust the lap's sync point and agree to adjust the full session"

Thank you.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

The last message means you can’t Overlay the whole session at once. You can ignore this warnIng.

In case a manual assigned video is not in sync, please adjust the sync point. Memorize the approximate fraction of a second and select the video from Video List. Scroll to the bottom and find the lap syncing. Select any of the laps shown and adjust the sync point by using the arrow buttons. Return and test the sync using the Play function. Repeat if necessary.

Harry
Image Image Image Image