Video Import from GoPro Hero4

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
hchristopher1
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Video Import from GoPro Hero4

Post by hchristopher1 »

I'm a new user of HLT Grand Prix Edition with the following equipment:

Car: '13 Viper GTS
Phone: Samsung S8
Cam: GoPro Hero4 Silver
GPS: Dual XGPS150A (not installed yet)
OBD: Kiwi3

I've gotten everything linked up to HLT and aside from the Kiwi3 acting up, it all works fine. Once a session is recorded, I can't seem to get HLT to pull the video in from the camera. The "spinning wheel" keeps spinning and nothing happens. My work-around was to use the GoPro app to pull the video onto my phone and then move the file to one of the designated directories where HLT would find it. This works, but it would be easier if the app pulled video straight off the GoPro (which it seems to want to do). Thoughts?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Video Import from GoPro Hero4

Post by Harry »

The direct download is supported but is pretty unreliable and slow. This is a known issue with the HERO's web server implementation. GoPro has more insights into the process and works around issues better than LapTimer can do. Using the GoPro app for transfer is a viable option but I recommend the faster file based / cable based transfers. Please have a look into Video Documentation available from www.gps-laptimer.de/documentation. It describes the options available.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
hchristopher1
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: Video Import from GoPro Hero4

Post by hchristopher1 »

Thank you Harry. I will do this going forward. Now to get this Kiwi3 to play nice...