Android - can't connect to Sony HDR

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
jeby!!
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Android - can't connect to Sony HDR

Post by jeby!! »

Hello,

I'm using Harry's LapTimer GrandPrix v21.0.11 on Lenovo Moto Z Play and I'm trying to use it with Sony HDR-AS30V with firmware version v3.0

The phone is properly connected to sony's wifi, I can remotely control the camera with PlayMemories or check the content of the SD with the ActionCam app, but I can't get Harry's LapTimer to connect to the cam.

I've set "Sony Cam" and "Master" in multicam settings
I'm checking that the camera is connected before starting Harry's LapTimer
I'm going in chrono mode, check video and the selecting the internal+external camera icon, but all I get is "no external cam connected currently"

Am I doing something wrong?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Android - can't connect to Sony HDR

Post by Harry »

Please make sure the PlayMemories (et al) are killed and do not access the cam any more. Furthermore, when connecting to the Sony's WiFi, and when using a later Android version, you will get an Android alert telling you this WiFi does not allow to connect to the Internet. Confirm you want to stay connected nevertheless here.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
jeby!!
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by jeby!! »

Hi Harry, I did that. Also, to be 100% sure I uninstalled both Action Cam and PlayMemories, rebooted both phone and camera, tried again and... no luck, always the same error. :(

What should I do?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hi,

I do not have a logging option available until the next beta - which will be in February 2018. As I do not have a AS30V for testing either, I can't reproduce the issue locally. I will need a valid connection making log to find out what the problem is, I'm sorry. Until we reach the beta, please operate the cam manually (i.e. start and stop in the pits). Instead of using the Re-Link option once footage has been transferred to the smartphone, you will need to use the Add Video option in Lap List. This is will require an extra step (data / video) synchronization, but is well possible. I will announce the beta here on the forum and on LapTimer's Facebook page.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image