iOS 11 and RaceLogic VBox Sport??

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
ctf001
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

iOS 11 and RaceLogic VBox Sport??

Post by ctf001 »

I've been using Harry's LapTimer for about the past year. My setup evolved from simply using just the iPhone to iPhone selfie camera pointed towards me, control of a forward facing GoPro Hero 4, and a VBox Sport external GPS. I've been extremely pleased with this setup, with the exception of occasionally Harry's complaining about "failed to configure device" or something along those lines concerning the VBox. However, since upgrading to iOS 11 (I'm on 11.0.1) Harry's (21.0.11) will not work with my VBox Pro. The phone is connected to the VBox via BT and Harry's reports that I appear to have a VBox, but no data ever comes and it will not trigger. It also seems to fail to failover to the iPhone GPS. If I kill Harry's and switch to the native RaceLogic LapTimer app, it works fine on iOS11. So apparently my unit is working fine and there is something in iOS 11 where Harry's is now no longer able to talk to my VBox via BT.

I missed collecting good data at my last track event weekend. I have another one coming up in a month. Any tips to get me up and running?

Thanks.
Chris
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: iOS 11 and RaceLogic VBox Sport??

Post by Harry »

Please check if you can reproduce this behavior for version 21.1.0 - which will get available in the next days. In case the problem is still there, I will check if I can reproduce it.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
ctf001
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: iOS 11 and RaceLogic VBox Sport??

Post by ctf001 »

I didn't notice that the app had updated to 21.1.0 until this evening. While I haven't taken it for a drive yet, Harry's LapTimer did successfully report seeing the VBox Sport and after the VBox attained satellite lock the Realtime GPS page said it was receiving 20Hz updates. I think it's good to go! Unfortunately, two variables did change as I also noticed the phone is now updated to iOS 11.0.2 as well.

I'll report back if anything changes when everything is in the car, but I'm feeling confident at this point.

Thanks!