Connecting multiple GoPro Hero 4 Silvers

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
Roush07VT
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Connecting multiple GoPro Hero 4 Silvers

Post by Roush07VT »

Hi. I am having some issues with Multicam and trying to get this working before a track weekend this weekend... testing at home.

Spent about 6 hours trying to set this up for the first time. Here is what I have done and my config:

-Running Laptimer grand prix (latest)
-Successfully connected an OBD via BT to the phone. LapTimer recognizes it and pulls in the data.
-I've read through the video documentation 3 times. http://www.gps-laptimer.com/LapTimerDoc ... hapter.pdf
-GoPro Hero 4 Silver cams (3) are all running the latest firmware.
-GoPros all can wirelessly connect with the GoPro app- one at a time.
-I can get ONE GoPro to turn on and record automatically- whichever one is connected by wifi at the time I start my lap.
-Running the latest Android on a Samsung Galaxy S6.

Question-
For multicam, can I not connect all 3 GoPro external cams to sync and record a lap at the same time? It seems I can only connect to 1 external GoPro at a time (by direct wireless connection to the cam). Can't seem to get multiple 'satellite' gopros to connect to my phone at the same time and record. What setup step am I missing? Or is this a limitation?

Thanks
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Connecting multiple GoPro Hero 4 Silvers

Post by Harry »

This is a limitation for the WiFi connection type used for GoPros. In case you want to use more than one cam, please operate the second and third manually. You can add footage from these cams after the fact (see Video Documentation :-) ).

Harry
Image Image Image Image