Intermittent operation

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
Athar_q
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Intermittent operation

Post by Athar_q »

Hi

I've been using Harry's for a few years now, however, in the last 6-7 months I have been experiencing some issues and this has taken a lot of the fun out of track events I've attended.

I have an iPhone 6 and always have the latest version of Harry's Grand Prix in place. I am finding that having set it up by choosing the track from its list before going out on track, for no apparent reason, sometimes it does not start the video, which I have chosen to be there for the time and lap data to be overlaid onto.

This happened to me on a trip to the Nurburgring in May 2017 where it only recorded the 1st of my 6 laps of the Nordschleiffe + GP circuit with video and timing data, it didn't record any of the following 5 laps. It was very disappointing having gone all the way from the UK and as my times were definitely getting quicker lap by lap.

I also had this happen to me at Brands Hatch (Indy) circuit and also at Bedford Autodrome (GT).

It has really become very hit and miss. I have reinstalled the app a couple of times and refreshed it as updates come in, but this has not changed the situation. On a couple of occasions when it has recorded video and lap data and I try to export a few laps with the lap data overlaid, it corrupts the video and I lose the video all together.

I am running an iPhone 6 with the latest updates and the latest Harry's GP with all updates.

Getting very frustrated and ready to move to another app if this continues.

Look forward to some help in resolving this.
Thanks
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Intermittent operation

Post by Harry »

Please revisit the steps shown in Quick Reference (tile in the app). The most frequent reason LapTimer does not record is either bad GPS reception (#3) or a problem with the track set defined or loaded (#2). See #5 to use LapTimer's built-in health check. In case you see a red alert, something is wrong. Touch the red alert to get details and instructions how to fix it.

To make sure video recording is started jointly with data, check the video icon in the status bar. While disabled, a red cross will be shown.

I understand technical solutions can be frustrating when not working. But please do not forget LapTimer needs your help and proper handling to bridge reality to the system.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image