Hero 3+ and Itunes 12.7

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
Beast2012GT500
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Hero 3+ and Itunes 12.7

Post by Beast2012GT500 »

I discovered today that the latest Itunes update, version 12.7 removes support for apps on the iPhone. So now I can't manually transfer my GoPro videos to the Harry's Laptimer folder so that I can add them to the overlaid video file. Is there a way to add GoPro vidoes from my Hero3+ to Laptimer?
jaytee
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Re: Hero 3+ and Itunes 12.7

Post by jaytee »

If you click the device icon in iTunes (upper left, next to the drop-down for Music, Movies, etc.), do you see "File Sharing" in the left pane?

Once you click on File Sharing, you should get a list of apps that support file sharing. Click on Lap Timer.

Disclaimer: tested on MacOS
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by gplracerx »

Buy the Apple Lightning to SD Card Camera reader. You'll need the micro-SD to SD adapter that should have come with your micro-SD card. That will transfer video files from the SD card to the Photo app. That can be accessed from Laptimer.

That's really the fastest and most convenient way to transfer video files from a GoPro to an iPhone.
jaytee
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by jaytee »

gplracerx wrote:Buy the Apple Lightning to SD Card Camera reader. You'll need the micro-SD to SD adapter that should have come with your micro-SD card. That will transfer video files from the SD card to the Photo app. That can be accessed from Laptimer.

That's really the fastest and most convenient way to transfer video files from a GoPro to an iPhone.
Any tricks to getting Lap Timer to recognize the videos in the iPhone Camera Roll? If I transfer with the SD adapter, I can play them natively on the iPhone and Lap Timer sees them in the Camera Roll.

When I select a video from the Camera Roll, I receive the following error:
Video Play Erro
Video Play Erro
83C22158-A0EE-4EF0-B4F3-A85924BF522F.png (139.79 KiB) Viewed 2260 times
I tried reseting Lap Timer's permissions to the Camera Roll by revoking / reinstating. Also confirmed I can export an overlay to the Camera Roll using laps from a few months ago.
Beast2012GT500
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Beast2012GT500 »

Thanks for the tip!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Like for any transfer of video from the outside, you need to Re-Link the placeholder (OFFLINE) to the video transferred. Select the lap, press the row showing the OFFLINE video, press Re-Link and select the video (from Camera Roll) to close the loop.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Beast2012GT500 wrote:I discovered today that the latest Itunes update, version 12.7 removes support for apps on the iPhone. So now I can't manually transfer my GoPro videos to the Harry's Laptimer folder so that I can add them to the overlaid video file. Is there a way to add GoPro vidoes from my Hero3+ to Laptimer?
As written by jaytee, File Sharing is now available directly from the left side bar. The general app management functionality has indeed been removed. I assume the number of users rearranging their app groups in iTunes has been too low. ;-) The part providing unique functionality however has made it to a first class citizen now and is available on top left (in the left navigation bar after selecting your phone).

- Harry
Image Image Image Image