Unable to configure Custom OBD2 Sensor on Android

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
matt_a
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Unable to configure Custom OBD2 Sensor on Android

Post by matt_a »

I am attempting to set up a custom OBD2 sensor but when I set the Device IP and TCP Port values those are not reflected in the sensor list page.

What I have done:
In Settings->Expert Settings->Custom OBD Adapter:
ELM327 Type set to 'Automatic Replies'
Device IP Address set to '192.168.1.195'
TCP Port set to '34000'

When i go into Sensor List->All->Engine Sensors i see:
Custom WLAN OBD
Not Available
(192.168.0.10:35000)

It appears that the Custom WLAN OBD device is always set to the default IP/Port of 192.168.0.10:35000. What I have also noticed is that the custom GPS adapter settings appear to work correctly and update in the sensor list. Restarting the application does not have any effect.

I am running Grand Prix v21.0.11 on Android 6.0.1. Thanks for any help resolving this issue.

Thanks,
Matt
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Unable to configure Custom OBD2 Sensor on Android

Post by Harry »

That's actually a bug in display... I'm not completely sure (haven't tested every function from scratch), but it seems the Custom OBD, OBDLink MX WiFi and PiGNSS are simply are shown with the wrong name. Or the other way around: what is show as Custom OBD in sensor list is actually a different sensor. Anyway, please wait for 21.0.12 and try again afterwards.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image