App stuck "Extracting records from node xx" on load

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
nanotech
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

App stuck "Extracting records from node xx" on load

Post by nanotech »

Android 7/Harry's latest version/Nexus 5X/XGPS160/ELM327 ivini OBD adapter

Backstory: Ran out of storage while recording a track day, using the auto-start capabilities. App crashed on-track at that time, noticed in in corner of vision and ignored until back in pit.

Rebooted the unresponsive phone, it was clearly out of space. When rebooted, presented with Android system message indicating almost out of space, so I cleared some previous day's track video that I'd already processed from the Photos app, as well as the last video that didn't capture due to app crash/space constraints since it was 0s length. That freed up several GB of space.

When I attempted to reload the app, I am presented with an hourglass and a message "Extracting records from node #xx" where xx increments, very slowly. I have tried to complete this process several times, it takes more than an hour and presents ANRs with "Wait" option, which I choose, as it rebuilds. However, it often crashes back to the launcher during this process and does not complete, regardless if I leave the phone alone or use it during this process.

It did seem to complete once at about node 130ish, and I was able to see that there was backups created every time I'd tried to load the app. However, none of the video was linked, and shortly after, the app stopped responding (no dialog, just froze). Next reload, I'm back to "Extracting records" screen and process begins again.

I've since removed all of the Harry's videos from the phone to see if that would help it get started more quickly (they are backed up in Google Photos). Still taking same amount of time, no help.

Is there a way to work around this without losing all of my lap data, and get the app working again? (Without rooting the phone, which I believe loses all of the storage anyways)
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: App stuck "Extracting records from node xx" on load

Post by Harry »

Please check for an updated version on the store (it is a newer 21.0.10). It has the low level recovery removed.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
nanotech
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by nanotech »

Thanks Harry! Fortunately or unfortunately before I installed the update, it completed its recovery, though it should be noted that the GPS and OBD data became unavailable for one track's lap. Took about an hour and 200+ nodes.

I restored a backup that was taken automatically (I assume) and it had all of the data back. Can send both backups to you if you are interested.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

nanotech wrote:Thanks Harry! Fortunately or unfortunately before I installed the update, it completed its recovery, though it should be noted that the GPS and OBD data became unavailable for one track's lap. Took about an hour and 200+ nodes.

I restored a backup that was taken automatically (I assume) and it had all of the data back. Can send both backups to you if you are interested.
No, not necessary. It simply took that long because the named low level recovery has been enabled accidentally. I use that for "hard" data recovery in our lab only.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image