VBO Crash, Uninstall, Reinstall, Videos gone...

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
tmatyac
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

VBO Crash, Uninstall, Reinstall, Videos gone...

Post by tmatyac »

Can I recover my internal videos after an uninstall/reinstall? I got my data back but video from the "Android\data\com.harrys.laptimerpro\files\Movies" are gone.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: VBO Crash, Uninstall, Reinstall, Videos gone...

Post by Harry »

Any data areas associated with an app are cleared when uninstalling the app. The above folder is app-specific (com.harrys.laptimerpro), so it has been purged.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
tmatyac
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by tmatyac »

Ahhhhhhhhh..... I thought so. Why do the videos have to go to the proprietary folder? Android security? Can the save folder be changed or is backing up the video the only way out? Thanks for the response!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Yes, exactly. LapTimer used to store videos in the global Movies folder formerly. Google discouraged the use of global directories first and closed that path later. Not all, but many manufacturers followed this recommendation for late Android version (I believe starting with 5, but I'm not sure). All of this got a lot of critics by developers, but somehow we need to deal with this...

- Harry
Image Image Image Image