LAP TIMING

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
stuwy9
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

LAP TIMING

Post by stuwy9 »

sorry if this has been answered lots of times but im new to this and ive recently done a couple of trackdays both where ive tried to hide my phone in the pocket and ive used my go pro separate to the app
ive found there is no data recorded im asuming due to bad gps and i am looking into a external unit as we speak

my question is, is it possible to use this app purely to manually add my lap times ive go from my video from the go pro without any data?
i would be very grateful if someone can help me i can time them with a stop watch but this is very 70s
thanks in advance
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: LAP TIMING

Post by Harry »

You need to place your phone in a position like shown in illustration #3 of Quick Reference. Even with an external GPS, the app needs to run in foreground and must not be in sleep mode. A manual mode is available (Settings ‣ Manual Timing) but strongly discouraged for security and precision reasons.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
firestater9664
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by firestater9664 »

I am having the same issue on at my local track using an external GPS. I went to the track and it only recorded 1 session out of 5. I have used it before with the same phone and gps with out issue as recently as a month ago.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

firestater9664 wrote:I am having the same issue on at my local track using an external GPS. I went to the track and it only recorded 1 session out of 5. I have used it before with the same phone and gps with out issue as recently as a month ago.
It is difficult to say from the distance. You need to find the difference between now and the past. It is not about the app version but some configuration issue, handling, problems with GPS connection etc. I know this is not too helpful, but you need to check all the usual suspects - LapTimer's Heath Status in particular.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image