VBO export results in crashing app

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
thaenzy
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

VBO export results in crashing app

Post by thaenzy »

Hello,

Mijn (grandprix) app is crashing when I try to export a .vbo file (dropbox or email, doesn't matter).
Other types like .csv are working fine. Unfortunately, I really need .vbo ...

Is there a fix?

Best regards,
Ben
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: VBO export results in crashing app

Post by Harry »

I received some reports but have not been able to reproduce it for my test devices. Please post your configuration and I will try to find the triggering pattern.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
mladjan
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by mladjan »

I have the same issue on Android app, iOS works fine.
Also, I reported the issue from app when it crashed. If I can help somehow, let me know.
jenxin
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by jenxin »

Same here. I can't export only VBO files to either dropbox/mail. Have tried on two different devices with different logs.
I uploaded some logs from ADB.

vbox.log is from Nexus 4 - Android 5.1.1 - used eternal hc-06 built GPS
vbox2.log is One Plus One - Android 6.0.1 - used in phone GPS

Both running Petrolhead edition v21.0.8
Attachments
vbox2.log
(7.15 KiB) Downloaded 82 times
vbolog.log
(16.43 KiB) Downloaded 80 times
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Yes, I received some logs but can't see the exact position the problem occurs in (so called native code). I will release a debug version of LapTimer Petrolhead shortly to create more detailed logs. Anyone interested to join, please send you Google ID (email) to Harry@gps-laptimer.de. Add a note like "VBO export debugging". The test version will be downloadable from PlayStore, but for a defined group of users only.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
firestater9664
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by firestater9664 »

I have the same issue as well android.
Weschurch
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Weschurch »

Having the same issue on Android. Running Grand Prix, version 21.0.9. Will be glad to take part in VBO export debugging effort; really liked having it work back before I upgraded to Grand Prix.

Harry wrote:Yes, I received some logs but can't see the exact position the problem occurs in (so called native code). I will release a debug version of LapTimer Petrolhead shortly to create more detailed logs. Anyone interested to join, please send you Google ID (email) to Harry@gps-laptimer.de. Add a note like "VBO export debugging". The test version will be downloadable from PlayStore, but for a defined group of users only.

- Harry
Weschurch
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Weschurch »

Hi, Harry,

While waiting for the update notice to download the tracking version of Petrolhead (do I need to uninstall my current version, or will this install on top of it?), I have installed the app on my Android tablet (to get better visualizations of data traces/charts, etc.). Followed the instructions elsewhere in the forum for exporting/importing .hlptrl files, and they're in my "downloads" folder. I also installed the ES Explorer as recommended, as the default file browser doesn't recognize the app. Everything seemed to go as described (HLT launches, confirmation pop up appears, notes the file name, says ready for import), but when I click proceed, I get an error message "Import of the file 'LapTimer ******.hlptrl' failed. Data has not been added." Anyone else report such a problem? This was for an entire session data file; haven't tried a single lap yet (don't really want to go down that path!).
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

You should be able to download the beta since yesterday. For the .hlptrl file - please send it to me and I will check.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
FilAlleva58
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by FilAlleva58 »

Also having this issue. HLT GP Edition 21.0.9, Samsung S4, Android 4.4.2. Happy join a beta to help debug this.