laptimer crashes after last update

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
McAlex
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

laptimer crashes after last update

Post by McAlex »

Hello .
After the last update laptimer crashes when I try to open the app. I tryed to reinstall the app but it's the same thing crashes on launch.
I use a samsung galaxy s4 but it worked fine before the update.
bellcoupe
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: laptimer crashes after last update

Post by bellcoupe »

Same problem, on Galaxy S3 with Petrolhead.
Had tried uninstalling and reinstalling LapTimer yesterday; problem continued.

Most recent update this morning fixed that - program now opens again, and all of my lap data on the phone was still there. Joy! - but then in trying to remove the extra laps that the update installed for 'canned' data at Spa and Mosport by purging only those data sets, instead the program deleted my existing laps and still did not delete the data sets for Mosport and Spa.

Any way to recover my data?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

You can switch to an older automatic (local) backup in Administration / Databases. In case you can reproduce the behavior (not) deleting Spa and Mosport, please let me know. Please provide a precise step by step in this case.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
bellcoupe
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by bellcoupe »

Thanks, Harry.
Unfortunately, going to Administration/Databases only shows an Active Database of 5 laps: the ones at Mosport dated Oct 4, 2013. So no luck finding an older local backup in Administration. Perhaps all were wiped out when I did the uninstall/reinstall in trying to fix the problem with program loading that was mentioned at the beginning of this thread.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Uninstalling an app removes all data. Only an external backup can be used to restore the data (Administration ‣ Databases ‣ Backup). The only thing I can offer is recreate a lap list from data submitted to the server. Please send both your driver ID, the car's name and track driven to Harry@gps-laptimer.de and I will check what is available. The lap list recreated is a list of lap times only, no GPS or other detail data.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image