Export error - sync points

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
svtdoug
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Export error - sync points

Post by svtdoug »

Love the app. Great way to get video and track data at little expense.

Had some trouble with last weekends data. On several sessions, when trying to export I get a msg "Number of laps available for multi lap overlays reduced due to inconsistent sync point and agree to adjust the full session." Huh?

I've read similar reports in this forum and can't make sense of the steps to correct. Odd, in that I can view the whole session by playing the video within Harry's app. Would like to be able to overlay entire session and export.

PetrolHead v. 21.0.5 on LG G5.

Thanks,

Doug
2018 Shelby GT350 - Leadfoot Gray with black strip
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Export error - sync points

Post by Harry »

The message can be ignored although you will probably not get the full range of laps offered for a session overlay. Please check what you get in Overlay Configuration and which laps are not offered. Verify you can see them in the real time overlay. Let me know if you can reproduce such a difference and I'm happy to look into the case.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
svtdoug
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by svtdoug »

I am still having issues with export, and broken sessions. Are there clear instructions anywhere as to how to correct the sync points so that an entire track session can be exported?

Thanks,
Doug
svtdoug
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by svtdoug »

Harry, to further qualify this issue, when I attempt to export, I am getting the notification about "Number of laps avail for multi lap overlays reduced due to inconsistent sync points....". Then when I click ok, I get a screen with incomplete laps as shown in attached screen shot. The session starts with lap 23, which I cannot include with this dialog.
HLT_Overlay.jpg
HLT_Overlay.jpg (16.98 KiB) Viewed 1590 times
So I guess I am asking how to correct these sync points manually.

Also, why is this happening? Is it due to inaccurate GPS data? Would an external GPS bluetooth unit help? Or is it a bug within Android/LapTimer?

Thanks,
Doug
svtdoug
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by svtdoug »

I should also add that if I play the raw video from Lap 23, the data is displayed until the end of lap 23, where the video goes on, but without data...

Doug
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

That means laps 23 and 24 are not considered to originate from one session. If e.g. a lap in-between has been deleted, you will get that situation. Two laps may well be covered by one video (like in your case), but have a gap in between. This is the reason for the message. The message is probably a bit misleading here because it addresses the second possible reason - that's when individual laps have been re-synced an do not fill the gap between the one before and the one after any more. While the former cannot be changed, you can resync all laps of a session as follows: select lap #24, select the Video section / Preview row and scroll to the bottom. Select the Lap #24 entry and adjust the sync point a bit (use arrow buttons, not scroller). Set the new sync and allow LapTimer adjust the full session (you will get a question). In case it doesn't include Lap #23, you need to overlay #23 and the rest separately.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image