Missing time gap plot/grayed out button?

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
fountaic
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Missing time gap plot/grayed out button?

Post by fountaic »

What happened to the time gap plot between a lap and the reference? Also, it appears that the 'Show Time Gap' button is grayed out and not functional. I seem to recall a post or two about this problem several months ago, but can't find them now. Hopefully this is on the short list of things to patch! Using v21.0.6 Grand Prix edition.

Chris
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Missing time gap plot/grayed out button?

Post by Harry »

Hi,

This means the lap selected has no reference lap. You can check this by selecting the lap from Lap List. In case it shows a reference lap in the Data Recordings section, it will be shown as a red plot (plus the blue one showing the accumulated gap). Reasons for no reference lap can be: you have selected a fixed lap as the reference and it is not comparable, or the lap identified as reference lap has no data recordings. There may be more. You may want to start with going to Administration ‣ Settings and make sure you have set the Reference row to Best Lap.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
fountaic
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by fountaic »

Thanks for response. I've confirmed that the reference lap is selected as described and both laps have data. The data is modified in the sense I adjusted them by using the automatic alignment capability of both g-g plots. This is something I have always done and I've had no problems with it in the past. I should also note that this problem is occurring on an iPad. It does not happen on the iPhone I used to collect the data.

Chris
fountaic
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by fountaic »

Harry

Anything else to try? Using the same lap data, Both iPhones ive looked at (5s and 7) are working as you say they should be but on my iPad the time gap plot is missing.

Thanks

Chris
fountaic
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by fountaic »

Harry,

I figured out the cause and fix for this problem. I import all of the data on to the iPad I was having a problem with and eventually exceed the 15 track limit since they are autocross sessions and the tracks are named with the event date included. After exceeding the 15 track limit, everything I was importing came in under a track name of unspecified. Once I deleted a few older tracks, and renamed the latest imported data track name, everything worked as expected.

Chris
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Yes, once you exceed the max track number, POIs and laps will go into Undefined. This is indeed a source of problems as these POIs can disturb all other operation.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image