Online view losing server connection?

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
bulls23
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Online view losing server connection?

Post by bulls23 »

Last weekend I was at the Lausitzring, supporting a friend during the German Time Attack masters. Therefore I was checking his lap times from pit lane and during the whole day the update rate started dropping to 0 every lets say 30 seconds and simply not recovering. I had to either enter the hall of fame or reload the list of online tracks and immediately had a connection again. I tried with 4G and 3G, both networks were strong and also checked by streaming videos from Youtube etc., no problems at all. I just tried it a minute ago and saw the same behavior for someone lapping Spa right now. I'm now at the office via Wifi btw. Anybody else having these issues?

I made a short video:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1eEejk0KBI[/youtube]
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Online view losing server connection?

Post by Harry »

Thanks, I will check. Behavior like this is possible. Views signal the client / server model they are interested in updates. In case this notification is not implemented correctly, the server connection will be dropped after some time.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image