Petrolhead 21.0.5 video overlay: still stuck at 100%

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
gonzohot
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Petrolhead 21.0.5 video overlay: still stuck at 100%

Post by gonzohot »

Hi Harry and everybody at the forum !

I'm a recent user of HLT and I used it a few days ago on track (circuit de la bresse, France).
It is linked to an obdlink MX and i made the video with my honor5C android smartphone (+ other cams inside and outside the car).

I've runned some tests last week before to use the app on track and everything seems to works fine.
Except for the video overlay: some videos were encoded right but in some case and particulary for the datas recorded at "la bresse", the videos still stuck at 100% completion...

I know it is a reccurent bug on the forum but I thought it was fixed since 21.0.5 ?

Any ideas to fix this ?
Can we export png (with alpha of course) sequences of the gauges ? If not that would be great to have that possibility and then encoding videos like you can do it with Dashware or Racerender...

Thank you in advance for any tip to solve my problem

Best regards
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Petrolhead 21.0.5 video overlay: still stuck at 100%

Post by Harry »

There are two known situations for the 100% issue: 1) the video recording has been finished unexpected (e.g. battery or space shortage) and the video is corrupted. The video needs to be repaired to be used - usually using some PC software. 2) Compatibility issue for your smartphone model and video encoding used. Try switching to the software method (Expert Settings) in this case.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
gonzohot
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by gonzohot »

ok, thanks harry !
I'm trying software encoding at the moment but it is very slow.
Any chance to implement gauges exportation to be able to encode overlay externaly on a pc ? (png sequence works great and easily).

Have a nice day!
gonzohot
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by gonzohot »

Ok, it works in software mode even if it takes muuuuuch longer ;)
Best regards