Virb Ultra 30 not recognized in sensor list

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
rdpinva
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Virb Ultra 30 not recognized in sensor list

Post by rdpinva »

Hello. I have established a Wi-Fi connection between HLT and a Garmin VIRB Ultra 30 with the "external cam only" option chosen in HLT. GPS is "on" and receiving for the VIRB. I have also chosen Admin/Settings/Multicam Control/External Cam = Garmin VIRB. However, the VIRB does not show up in the Sensor List and so the 10Hz GPS rate is not available. The camera is new and I have updated the firmware.

Am I missing a step? Is this a known issue?? Any help or suggestions much appreciated.

-Bob
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Virb Ultra 30 not recognized in sensor list

Post by Harry »

An action cam's GPS is not used by LapTimer (search the forum, we had questions on this a few times). To verify the VIRB is working (as a cam), please follow instructions in Video Documentation available from www.gps-laptimer.de/documentation. It is enabled from Timer ‣ Video ‣ Video Operations. Due to a current bug (for the Android version), it may be necessary to use Internal+External cam currently (instead of external only).

- Harry
Image Image Image Image