Bug report: External cam control and video export

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
aaronc7
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Bug report: External cam control and video export

Post by aaronc7 »

This is on android and using sony cam, so I can't say if it affects iOS or gopro.

External cam start/stop over wifi works when I have internal cam + external cam set up to record from the Timer screen. If I select external cam only (which is what i tried to use the other day), the wifi start/stop does not work. I repeated the test a few times back and forth with app reboots etc, and it was repeatable so I think it's legit.

Also this one isn't a huge deal, but when exporting a video under "video details" to Google Drive, it gives the file a generic name with no extension, it doesn't seem to copy over the file name or extension type. When exporting to gmail or some other apps, it appears to work fine, but I was hoping to get it working with drive, since that I what I use to upload big video files to send to myself/transfer over. I can make it work by manually naming each file and adding .mp4....so not a big deal, but figured I would let you know.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Bug report: External cam control and video export

Post by Harry »

The problem external cams are not triggered when selection "external cam only" in Video Operations is a known issue to be fixed. Not sure I understand the second item correctly, but whenever a video is renamed and cannot be resolved any more, you can use the Re-Link function to make the linking work again (without the need to sync data and video). Please have a look into Video Documentation (www.gps-laptimer.de/documentation) for the Re-link function.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
aaronc7
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by aaronc7 »

To clarify the second issue. When I go up send/upload a video file, when the export/share app is Google Drive, it does not name the file properly. See screenshots below-- in the gmail export option, you see that it puts that block of text in the email of the body and correctly attaches the video file.

When uploading to google drive, it seems to use that block of text as the file name. You can rename it to whatever . mp4 and it will work fine, but it's a bit of pain when uploading multiple videos and trying to figure out which was which etc. Seems like there is something overwriting the actual file name when it gets pushed over to drive. Certainly not an urgent thing... just figured I would throw it out there and would be nice to get fixed in a future update as able.

Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Understood. The share option in LapTimer assumes the receiving side is YouTube. It sets a title and attaches a file. This information is interpreted wrongly by Google Drive - which actually should not show up as a proper app handling the sharing. I will check if I can find information on the parameters expected.
Image Image Image Image
aaronc7
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by aaronc7 »

OK thanks. Thank you for your continued support and being receptive to feedback and improvements. Like I said earlier... obviously not a big deal. Just thought I would try to help by pointing out issues as I come across them.