GoPro 3 Silver did not start recording

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
christosc
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

GoPro 3 Silver did not start recording

Post by christosc »

Hi Harry,

Grand Prix Edition

I went to 2 race tracks on my motorcycle recently and my iPhone 5 could not get the GoPro to start. I checked that the password in the app is set correctly as I know this is the most common reason for this failure.

I used a GoPro 3 Silver.

One thing I noticed was that when I connected the GoPro to my laptop, I saw a message saying that the date on the GoPro was out and that the GoPro editing software had synchronized the GoPro's clock to the laptop's clock automatically. I wonder if the GoPro's battery had run completely flat in the winter months and the WiFi settings in the GoPro were corrupted or lost!
On my iPhone however, I could see the correct WiFi was network was being broadcast by the GoPro and my iPhone connected to that WiFi with success (or so it appeared!).

On the first track day of the two, I think I was using the version prior to V21.0.6 (whichever that was) and currently (17 May 2017) I have v21.0.6 installed.

As a result, I have 2 questions to you:
1. Why would this happen?
2. Is there a way to test the automatic recording facility of app in advance and before I go to the track so that I can find a solution before I am at the circuit?

Many thanks,
Chris
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: GoPro 3 Silver did not start recording

Post by Harry »

Testing connection is described in Video Documentation available from www.gps-laptimer.de/documentation. It is basically selecting Internal and External cam for recording, going to Preview, and pressing the red button. This should start a recording including the external cam. I got one report LapTimer does not trigger recording with only the external cam active. I have not yet verified this.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image