Warning: Unexpected, video recording has ended...

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
Sonertial
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Warning: Unexpected, video recording has ended...

Post by Sonertial »

I have recently started getting this error repeatedly while using HLT around my local area and to and from work.

Warning: Unexpected, video recording has ended (Cannot Complete Action).
Laptimer will try to start video recording for the next lap again.

I have had this in the past, but only once or twice over several months. Now, since changing a few things, it is happening almost every day.

HLT v21.0.6
iphone 7 + iOS 10.3.1
OBDLink MX wifi.
'17 BMW M240i.

What I have changed are the following:

1. Added a Dual XGPS160 external GPS
2. Changed to run the OBDlink MX wifi in infrastructure mode with the iPhone as a Hotspot. This seems to help a lot with connection stability and speed.
3. Changed CAN Multi Requests to 3 PIDs /minimum, (Previously set to adaptive).

I am using the ISO 15765-4 CAN(11 bit ID, 500kbps) protocol.
In the Realtime- Engine- monitor I am getting 40-55 PIDs per second, about 7-12 Hz rate usually.
I start recording Laptimer manually.
The iPhone connects to the car over bluetooth. I know that an incoming phonecall will interrupt video, this has not been the case for these recent events.

I will change the CAN Multi Requests to 3 PIDs /minimum, back to adaptive, then off, then the wifi mode, but wanted to run this past you in case you could give me some shortcuts.

I have the Video and Lap data if you'd find that helpful.

PS. Can I be approved for posting in the public forum please, it's disruptive not being able to see and edit my posts until the next day.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Warning: Unexpected, video recording has ended...

Post by Harry »

This means iOS stopped video recording for some reason. May be one of: low storage conditions, incoming messages / alerts. To get rid of the later, please change any notifications you have enabled in iOS (by app) from alert to banners.

For the approvals: that's a problem with the forum version used. Usually you should be able to post without approval after the first approvals has been given. The problem the update process does not work and so I need to reinstall the whole thing. I will get onto this later this year.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Sonertial
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: Warning: Unexpected, video recording has ended...

Post by Sonertial »

Thanks for this tip Harry. I had an alert for Facetime (which I never use). Haven't had a video recording issue issue since removing it.