Exporting Overlay Only

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
NeoJFK
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Exporting Overlay Only

Post by NeoJFK »

hi again harry
i am having a very difficult time to synchronizing my gopro files with the data directly on my android phone.
Its never sync properly.
Could you pelase explain a way to export the overlay only (speed gaches / track position etc..) so i can use it as a layer on my video editing software on pc?

I just dont get the select the last frame of the recorded lap when linking the video
First when i move frame by frame its not working properly (and i have the most powerful android pgone available) second even when i think i did it its not sync at all.
Thanks for your precious help!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Exporting Overlay Only

Post by Harry »

For some Android phones, the frames that are shown are so called key frames only. This means changing the sync point by e.g. 0.1s does not necessarily change the frame shown in the preview. It does not make too much sense to select sync by visuals only. Select the frame you think matches and test the overlay using the real time view (Play) first. In case data is behind or ahead, estimate an adjustment (usually 0.5s or less) and return to sync. Use the arrows to adjust the sync point, use the numeric display only, ignore the frame shown. Repeat the Play test until it is fine for you.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image