Racelogic VBox sport connection issue

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
mladjan
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Racelogic VBox sport connection issue

Post by mladjan »

When I try to connect on VBox Sport from sensors list, it is there on yellow, and I get alert with some error about saving configuration failed. I restart device, bluetooth, phone, everythin (as message give me advice) but nothing happens. Needed to drive on track without laptimer :(
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Racelogic VBox sport connection issue

Post by Harry »

Please make sure you have the latest firmware installed. In addition, furthermore, LapTimer GrandPriix is required for pro level sensors.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
GT350LAD
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by GT350LAD »

I have an iPad and the VBOX sport as well and found that if you turn VBOX on after everything else is connected and you are in laptimer app it works much better. Start it before laptimer and gives similar error.
mladjan
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by mladjan »

I have GP version. Will check firmware on VBox, and let you know.
mladjan
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by mladjan »

Updated firmware. Once it worked at home when I reinstalled the app, but today on track it wasn't. I reinstalled app 3-4 times, and pissed off. Please, take a look and test it with your device, I bought app just because I can use vbox sport, and it doesn't work. If you need some details, let me know on mladjan et me dot com
mladjan
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by mladjan »

Hi @Harry, Im writing again because my app still has the same problem. I will attach screenshots so you can see what is the problem: http://cloud.mladjan.me/2j2H1G0h3U3Z
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

This problem seems to occur for the late iOS versions when VBOX Sport Sensors Settings are changed in LapTimer. I could reproduce the issue but haven't found a work round yet. Contacted Racelogic too and waiting for their response.

Detailed background information: it looks like a special timing has to be chosen to lock the device for changes before initializations can be done. Once the user changes a VBOX setting in Sensors List, the configuration is considered "dirty" until LapTimer can complete the configuration. This means the problem will recurr until the configuration is changed at least once successfully.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
mladjan
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by mladjan »

Ok, thx for response. Please be sure that you are using latest SDK from Racelogic, because their apps and my test app are working fine with latest iOS versions. You can also take a look at code I sent you in email.
If I can help, let me know.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

The problem is not standard operation reading data from VBOX Sport (which is pretty straight forward and simple) but changing configuration. At least the RL SDK I have does not cover this area at all. In case you have a different one or in-depth insights into configuration changing on iOS (e.g. setting the rate or turning sat information on and off) feel free to send code. Please do not use a cloud service - at least not the one for your last mail. LapTimer does not use the SDK by the way - I do not want to have code added from binaries except from Google and Apple.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image