Overlay does 2 laps and app quits

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
Singe
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Overlay does 2 laps and app quits

Post by Singe »

Using an iPhone 4s with 5.0.1 and the latest up date from the App store for Lap Timer Pro. The objective is to be able to go through a weekend's worth of laps, pick the best ones and overlay the data with the video. Consistently I can only overlay two laps with video and data before the App kicks out to the main iPhone screen some time during the third video/data overlay. When I try again by launching the app the same thing happens after one or two overlays. Third time it usually hangs and I have to turn the phone off and back on again. Thanks.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Overlay does 2 laps and app quits

Post by Harry »

Hi,

Most probably some memory issues, either or both of main memory or overall storage. I'd suggest to quit / restart the app once you are in a defined state (e.g. after having overlaid one video). To do this, exit to spring board using the home button; wait some seconds; bring up the task bar (press Home button twice); long-press and exit LapTimer. Using this approach, all your work for overlay #1 is save and you can continue with #2 etc.

Overlaying will be completely reworked in v15, including all kinds of additional memory management.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image