Gap time displayed during lap

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
llan981
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Gap time displayed during lap

Post by llan981 »

This happened approximately five times during 198 laps in two days, I had HLT's on GAP mode during lap. Typically, I will see plus/minus 3 seconds during a lap. For 5 Instances, lasting about 10 seconds the display showed a gap amount of over one hour,, e.g. 1:27:50:xx then reverted back to the original gap.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Gap time displayed during lap

Post by Harry »

Sounds like some data issue. Gap calculation depends on similar lines driven, if one compared is far off due to low accurracy, you can get all kinds of strange calculation. It is difficult to reproduce after the fact too. In case you know the reference Lap and the Lap the wrong display occurred for, please Export them to KML or HLPTRL and send them to me (Harry@gps-laptimer.de). Please add a comment so I understand the context.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
llan981
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Understanding the gap issue

Post by llan981 »

I understand the issue now, since I upgraded my Dual XGPS160 to the 2x version HLT does not recognize that upgrade. On another post another driver indicated to downgrade. The gap time was caused when the iphone GPS could not get an accurate reading.
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: Understanding the gap issue

Post by gplracerx »

llan981 wrote:I understand the issue now, since I upgraded my Dual XGPS160 to the 2x version HLT does not recognize that upgrade. On another post another driver indicated to downgrade. The gap time was caused when the iphone GPS could not get an accurate reading.
As I said elsewhere, it's not at all clear that going back to the 1.x firmware is a downgrade. A change, yes. From what I can tell, the other firmware versions are for different operating systems.
llan981
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: Gap time displayed during lap

Post by llan981 »

I had a good conversation with with Dual tech support on downgrading. It can be downgraded with a PC using Win 7 to 10 and
their is documentation is on their website. For MAC users, find a PC which I must do today