transfering video from gopro

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
jdexter
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

transfering video from gopro

Post by jdexter »

I have a gopro hero 3 black. I cannot get the video imported into laptimer. When I try to do it using wifi in the app, it gets started, but it will hang at different points each time.

Is there another way to get external video into the app? I've tried syncing with my computer and uploading directly to the app in itunes. The video is listed under videos, but it won't play and gives me errors. If I upload it to "videos" rather than to the app, the app can't find it.

I'm lost. Please help.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: transfering video from gopro

Post by Harry »

For iOS, you need to transfer videos to the Photos app, not Videos app. The later has no 3rd party interface and LapTimer can't access it. The options to transfer external videos are described in Video Documentation available from www.gps-laptimer.de/documentation.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
jdexter
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by jdexter »

Can things only be transferred to the app when connected by usb?
I have an interesting setup. https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/996 ... -mkii.html
My ipad is mounted into my dash as above, so I have laptimer installed there and a gopro on the windshield. I guess I have to pull apart the dash and remove the ipad to upload the videos... I can sync wireless while it is in the garage, and I have the option to upload the video into the laptime app in itunes, but when I go to access it in the app it gives an error. Is there anyway to update in the future to allow for laptimer to find the video in a different folder, the file definitely is taking up space, but can't be read...
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Syncing videos to the Photo library and accessing it from within LapTimer is actually the standard path for many users. Which error message do you get? Please make sure you have granted all access permissions to LapTimer (check in Settings app ‣ LapTimer). Details on the transfer are described in Video Documentation available from www.gps-laptimer.de/documentation

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
jdexter
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by jdexter »

so I think have been transferring the video correctly using itunes this whole time. However it shows up in video list with a red exclamation point and when i click on it then try to click on the video it gives an error "cannot find video selected, it has probably been moved..."
I'm not sure what I am supposed to be doing...
jdexter
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by jdexter »

so now I've got the video in, I'm not sure I did anything different, but now its there. I got the track data synced with the video. I've got to export and overlay configuration, but the overlay button is red and wont do anything. What am I doing wrong to get it to overlay the video?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

We have a known issue for Petrolhead v21.0.5. The Export / Overlay button is a no-op. A bug fix release v21.0.6 has been submitted two days ago. Please use the real time overlay (Play instead of Export) for now.

Harry
Image Image Image Image