Split multiple lap data recorded as one lap?

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
cayman pyrat
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Split multiple lap data recorded as one lap?

Post by cayman pyrat »

Twice today, multiple laps were recorded and combined into one lap. Is it possible, how to split the data into the individual laps to allow for analysis and overlay onto the cell phone video? The video recorded fine, its either 8 or 9 laps that the lap list shows as three laps.

How to avoid the same thing tomorrow?

Many thanks Harry, going faster thanks in part to your app (and new R888Rs!)

Cayman Pyrat
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Split multiple lap data recorded as one lap?

Post by Harry »

This is usually due to low GPS accuracy. The trigger is not detected because from the data delivered, you are passing it left or right in a too big distance... To work around, please re-check your phone's mounting position: centered in the windscreen and pushed to the front as far as possible. In case this doesn't help and your track is a full size race track, enlarge the detection corridor in LapTimer's Expert Settings. Search for Trigger Detection / Wide Corridor. Increase the value from 40 to e.g. 80.

To split existing "multi-laps", please select this lap, scroll down to Data Recordings, select Recalculate / Verify Lap. This will re-apply lap detection and will probably split the multi-lap after a wider corridor has been set.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
cayman pyrat
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by cayman pyrat »

I've got the android mounted at top of windshield, perhaps the rear view mirror is reducing the gps signal. I'll move it slightly today.

The verify process split one multiple lap containing data into a single and a double lap. The other double lap did not split.

Also, if you delete the original lap as part of the process does it delete the video? I want to retain the video.

Thx
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

When deleting laps, the number of links to videos attached is reduced. Once no link is remaining for a video, you will be prompted whether the video should be deleted physically too. So no, the video should not be deleted. But as usual, a full backup is recommended regularly. in case the other multi lap is not split, enlarge the corridor as necessary. Have a look into your recordings t understand what's wrong.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Niemanj
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Niemanj »

Hi,

I have the same issue and increased the trigger detection to 200 but no luck. Are there other ways to split a lap that actually is 2 or 3 laps?

Thx
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Niemanj wrote:Hi,

I have the same issue and increased the trigger detection to 200 but no luck. Are there other ways to split a lap that actually is 2 or 3 laps?

Thx
200 meters configured in the correct place (Wide corridor) and triggers are still not detected? This means either the whole recording is of extremely poor quality (e.g. when smartphone has been put into a pocket while driving), or the correct track set is not loaded. Have a look into the track shape shown for this multi lap first and let us know.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
HSV Guy
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by HSV Guy »

Just wanted to say thanks for this. Had the same issue myself, did this and fixed it in no time. :-)