All sorts of problems with video transfe/overlay

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: All sorts of problems with video transfe/overlay

Post by Harry »

Hi,

I have recorded the steps to add an external video and uploaded it to youtube.
Two things in addition: before adding a video to a full session of laps (like in the youtube vid), please remove any old video links. Otherwise, you may get wrong results. The mechanism to assign full sessions requires your laps to be continuous. If e.g. you return to the pits in between, or delete a lap, you actually create another session that needs to be synced individually.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXjVb8nWCXI[/youtube]

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Sonertial
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by Sonertial »

Edit: I followed Harry's Video above and sorted both my issues. Thanks.

I was getting a similar issue trying to link dashcam video from yesterday's track day (my first using a certified track). Only one lap at a time was syncable, although I ask it to update for the whole session.

I then linked the (same) video to the adjacent laps for the one I wanted to sync, and I was then able to see 3 laps.

I have another issue with the 60fps video not synching properly with the OBD2 and other Overlay data (which is why I wanted to try the 30fps Dashcam video in the first place). The one lap I have linked, syncs perfectly with the dashcam video. (I'll make a separate thread for this when I have collected my data and wits, I think the iphone video is actually 59FPS.)
Last edited by Sonertial on Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Please verify LapTimer recognizes the first lap as part of a session. Using a session grouping like in the video will show how LapTimer recognizes (or doesn't recognize) sessions. In case it shows the lap as part of a bigger session but doesn't extend to other laps, please export the session to .hlptrl and send it to me (Harry@gps-laptimer.de). Please keep in mind it is easy to mix up things, so please check twice.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
johan6504
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by johan6504 »

Finally got it working :-)
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2oaZuugFeE[/youtube]
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Happy to hear, great video!

Harry
Image Image Image Image
johan6504
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by johan6504 »

Just a thought... In the last section of the video I am using Andreas fastest lap as a reference and it is very clear where he is faster than me in every section but on slow corner :-) Would it be possible to put both video side by side instead of PIP?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Not within the app. But you can export both Andreas' and your own lap to VBO and watch data and video side by side using Racelogic's Circuit Tools desktop application. Instructions on how to transfer and rename linked videos are included in the export. It is complicated from my point of view, but at least it is possible.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image