GoPoint BT1A Problem

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
cntzl.m4
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

GoPoint BT1A Problem

Post by cntzl.m4 »

I ordered a BT1 from Amazon but for some reason they sent me BT1A.

1) Does BT1 has any advantages over BT1A (I'm an iphone user so I don't really need BT1A)?
2) The firmware of BT1A is 161 and I can't figure out how to update this damn firmware. I downloaded GoPoint and Gopoint BT1 apps to my phone but neither of them has an option to update.
3) How do I go into expert mode for the engine OBD in the LapTimer app? It asks me to enter a value in hex.

The LapTimer app shows only 2-3hz in sensor list and the update rates as far as I remember were 9/3/3/4hz. I need to find answers to these question before I return this thing. I would appreciate if you guys could help me.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: GoPoint BT1A Problem

Post by Harry »

The BT1A is preferably against the older BT1. It has a slightly faster Bluetooth and can be used for iOS and Android. The BT1 is iOS only.
A rate of 9/3/3/4 means you received 9 PIDs per second, depending on the engine type this usually means 2 to 3 complete sets of parameters per second. So 2 or 3 Hz is what LapTimer will display for this speed. This is a typical rate for pre-CAN cars, you can't achieve a lot more for them. Please have a look into https://www.facebook.com/HarrysLapTimer ... =3&theater or post your car make / model / year if you want me to check the bus type.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
cntzl.m4
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by cntzl.m4 »

Harry wrote:The BT1A is preferably against the older BT1. It has a slightly faster Bluetooth and can be used for iOS and Android. The BT1 is iOS only.
A rate of 9/3/3/4 means you received 9 PIDs per second, depending on the engine type this usually means 2 to 3 complete sets of parameters per second. So 2 or 3 Hz is what LapTimer will display for this speed. This is a typical rate for pre-CAN cars, you can't achieve a lot more for them. Please have a look into https://www.facebook.com/HarrysLapTimer ... =3&theater or post your car make / model / year if you want me to check the bus type.

- Harry
Thank you so much for the reply!

So I assume you don't have much info either on how to update the firmware.

I have couple questions:

1) In this thread (viewtopic.php?t=2990), it's recommended that the seq requests are turned on. However, here (viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3606), it's recommended off. What setting should I use?

2) I have a 2016 M4 so I assume it's CAN based. According to what I saw in a different thread, I set "CAN Multi Requests" to 3 PIDs/adaptive. Is this ok?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Please keep the Sequential Requests (BT1) in standard position, which is NO.
CAN Multi Requests is an ELM327 feature not supported by the BT1(A), this setting has no effect for you.
For a '16 BMW M4, you should see an update rate between 6 and 8. Anythings else indicates an issue. But please test this while driving first. in case you get only 3 Hz then, please follow instructions in viewtopic.php?f=39&t=1500 and send a log.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image