Invalid Master Video Error

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
landofkort
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Invalid Master Video Error

Post by landofkort »

Hi,

I recorded video on my GoPro Hero 3 this Sunday at the track and linked it to the latest version of Laptimer using the multicam functionality. I moved the video from my gopro to iCloud, then to the photos app. This video now appears on my video list.

But, when I go to the lap to overlay the video, I get an "invalid master video" error. When I click preview on the lap detail page, i get the error "cannot find video selected, it has probably been moved to another place, or it has been deleted. offline videos need to be transferred and re-linked to the smartphone before accessing them." I get the same error when I try to watch the video from the video list.

I know the video is stored on my phone's memory because I can watch it while in airplane mode, so I'm not sure why I get this error with the video.

Another detail that may be important: the timestamp on the video itself is off by 7 hours (the video's timestamp is exactly 7 hours earlier than the lap's timestap.. the lap is correct).

Any help would be much appreciated! Hate to lose a track day's worth of overlay
Thanks,
Jordan
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Invalid Master Video Error

Post by Harry »

You are missing the Re-Link step. LapTimer has stored a placeholder for the video including the sync information, but doesn't know this placeholder matched the file you transferred. The easiest way to Re-Link is selecting the lap from *Lap List*, touching the placeholder video ("Offline"), and pressing the Re-Link button (depending on platform name "Re-Link" or an icon in Android).

Do not care for the timestamp, the GoPro has no time zone support, so you will see a local time vs. UTC time gap. Sync information is stored as an offset from start of the video, which means the file's time stamp is irrelevant.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
donteatbugs
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by donteatbugs »

Im using a Galaxy S7 and also get the invalid master video when trying to export an overlay. I can open the video and watch it Im cutting the lap down with the gopro editor and sending it back to my phone as an MP4. Im using a hero 3 and recording in 1080p. I can link the video to the lap even but it still says invalid master video at the top of the export overlay screen.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Please check you have both transferred the video and Re-Linked it from Lap List ‣ the lap to overlay. In case you have double checked and still get the error, please post a snapshot of the Lap Details view, showing the Video section in particular.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Megator
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Megator »

I am having the same error with a Samsung Galaxy S8+. The video was shot on an external cam, the video was edited on the computer and uploaded to the phone via SD card ot on the internal memory, the video was exported in MP4 format for youtube.

I did not film the lap with the built in phone camera so I have no movie to replace. Recording was set to Automatic.

1) I do not understand what it meant by transfer and relink the video. I simply go to the lap I want to overlay and hit the camera + button in the top right corner. I can play my video with sound (faint) in laptimer

2) I cut my video to the length of the lap but when I go to Export the video suddenly seems 1sec shorter.

So what do I need to do to overlay the video?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

You can find instructions in Video Documentation available from www.gps-laptimer.de/documentation. You are not asked to Re-Link but need to press the Re-Link button. In case the video recording (internal or external) has not been controlled by LapTimer, you need to use the New Video function. It will require you to select the video and select the video frame you passed the finish line.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Megator
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Megator »

Hi Harry,

The only way I get a "re-link" prompt is by 1st uploading a video (the camera+ button at the top) to a lap selected from the lap list, then going to the Video Details sub-menu and hitting the ghost camera button. At this point I select the same video (or a copy of it) and I am prompted to select "re-link", which I then do.

This still gives me the same error and won't let me overlay the video. I did notice that in the Video Details sub-menu it now says the video is "Master", which seems confusing.

I did this and a more (read the instructions twice) and still no luck.

The only thing I can think of is that I have/used the wrong setting, but I played around with these too with no luck.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hi,

I just answered a similar question: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4641&p=23514#p23514
Please let me know if that helps. Rereading your first post above, I think you are not in the Re-Link but the Add Video scenario.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Megator
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Megator »

Hi Harry,

I dont think so please see my screen shot, i have selected the option to re-link.

The link did not help me.

I suggest using app screan captures in future, this is much easier to understand than walls of text present in the documentaion.
Attachments
Screenshot_20171121-143530.png
Screenshot_20171121-143530.png (473.61 KiB) Viewed 2827 times
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Good idea. Please post a sequence of snapshots showing the problem. That's a lot easier. I'd suggest to not work with filenames including spaces and special characters by the way. LapTimer does not use them neither do action cams. It may work, but it is not tested.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image