GoPro Hero3+ Android "Grand Prix" no Video Start

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
BavariaR
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

GoPro Hero3+ Android "Grand Prix" no Video Start

Post by BavariaR »

I did not find any answer on the Board yet so I try with this request.

I have successfully managed to connect the GoPro 3+ to Laptimer as when I select in "Video Operations" the GoPro, it says it is connected to GoPro Hero3+ and the GoPro beebs several times, but then fails to provide the menu for starting the Video actually. In Video Operations panel I have constant turning circle next to title bar, it occasionally switches back to Laptimer View but does still not show the Video Controls to actually start the Video recording.

What is wrong with my setup. On the Camera Icon I see only green and grey dot flashing and not Green and Blue as mentioned in Documentation?
I have set the GoPro to Full HD resolution, communication with GoPro seems to basically work as Laptimer can start the GoPro and send some configuration commands but fails to finish initialization for some reason.

I have latest FW on GoPro
MultiCam Preset is set to Master
Exernal Cam setting to GoPro Hero 3
Wifi Password set correctly

Any hint?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: GoPro Hero3+ Android "Grand Prix" no Video Start

Post by Harry »

I assume everything is fine. Once you have selected external cam (or internal plus external cam) in Video Operations, LapTimer is waiting to get started - just like data recording. It is started when crossing a start / finish line - this will both start data and video recording. You may want to have a look into Video Documentation from www.gps-laptimer.de/documentation. It includes a description how to test recording during preparation too.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
BavariaR
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by BavariaR »

Will try on track then and go through the doc. Thanks
PitrsRS
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by PitrsRS »

Hi today i have same problem. I've been at Bathurst in Australia. I have Hero 3+ and Grand Prix edition. On lap start, LapTimer didn't do anything, i must start lap manually. And other problem is. LapTimer gives me message a about video. I can't download video from gopro through app? Why? At this moment I'm 300km away from circuit, i can't go back to test it...

My properties:
Samsung Galaxy S6 (Android 6)
GoPro Hero 3+ Black
HLT GP edition
2016 SEAT Leon CUPRA 290 ST

HLT Grand Prix (Android) + OBDLink LX BT + XGPS160 + GoPro 11 Black + GoPro 7 Black
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

In case LapTimer doesn't start at all, the problem is ariubd bad GPS accuracy or missing / wrong track sets loaded. The HERO 3 series download option is not stable, so it is disabled in Expert Settings by default. Transfer is a lot faster when using one of the other transfer options listed in Video Documentation (www.gps-laptimer.de/documentation) anyway.

Harry
Image Image Image Image