XGPS160 issues

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
Veloscaraptor
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: XGPS160 issues

Post by Veloscaraptor »

Thanks Harry!
Beast2012GT500
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Beast2012GT500 »

I just discovered I too have the 2.2.1 firmware which explains the behavior above. While the temporary fix you provide works Harry, will this interfere with the GoPoint BTI OBDII device I also use? I want to be able to use both the Skypro XGPS160 and the GoPoint BT1 at the same time.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

The workaround has no influence on a BT OBD connection, it is about GPS handling only.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Beast2012GT500
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Beast2012GT500 »

Harry wrote:The workaround has no influence on a BT OBD connection, it is about GPS handling only.

- Harry
Thanks!
Dan Sweden
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by Dan Sweden »

Hi,

I upgraded to 20.2.2 during this weekend. I'm not sure exactly which version I had before but I think it was not the version before 20.2.2 but the version before that.

To my problem: After the update I could not get Vbox Sport to work properly (connected in iPhones Bluetooth but not in HLT) I'm not sure if it is related the XGP160 issue... It worked excellent before the update if HLT.

Another thing I'm having problem with is that I have at least one video that was recorded during an incomplete lap that now is not possible to view again (Error can not find video selected...) This particular video is from a crash so I really hope to be able to find it. I can see the preview in the list over LapTimer videos (Analysis->Video list). I could play the video before the update.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Most probably, the update is the wrong place to look for a solution.

For the VBOX item, please reset the VBOX, and unpair and re-pair the BT side again. Actually, these are the usual action to troubleshoot any wireless sensor connection. In case it still doesn't work, please send detailed information which error messages you get or what you are experiencing. Please send a snapshot of Sensor List too.

For the video: where is it located? In case it is in LapTimer Recordings, please transfer it to Photo app (Move option in Video Details) and check if you can open and play it from here.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
Dan Sweden
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by Dan Sweden »

Thanks Harry,

I transferred the video as you describe and it worked fine :-)

FWIW: I believe that I've already tried that and that I then got the "Error can not find video selected..." message. Just mentioning this for the record.
drivefast
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by drivefast »

I just purchased a new XGPS160 this week and have the same exact issue as Veloscaraptor. Same firmware (2.2.1), etc

The work around did not work for me *(unless it was supposed to be a 1Hz work around?)
1)Set Expert Settings ‣ Accessory Tweaks ‣ Use Accessories ‣ NO
2)Ensured XGPS160 connected (solid blue light showing connected and IOS shows connected to Bluetooth)
3)in Sensor Lists -> GPS (only "iPhone GNSS" connected @1Hz)
4)(good news Within Analysis -> Realtime ->GPS screen) - Ensure GPS signal coming from XGPS160 (separate the two and note coordinates) (Confirmed coordinates coming from XGPS160)
5)(bad? news Within Analysis -> Realtime ->GPS screen)- Noticed Device=iPhone Rate=1Hz

Took car out for a test run (worried about 1 Hz)
6)(bad news Exported Data (CSV) only shows 1Hz)
====
Any ideas to get up and running for a trackday this weekend would be appreciated... but understand troubleshooting takes time:
Are there any known ways to downgrade the XGPS160 firmware that anyone knows about?
Are there any other work arounds you can think of? I'll try anything and am highly technical.

Thanks!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

You should see 10 Hz, qualification as iPhone GNSS is as expected.
Please try disconnecting and reconnecting the XGPS.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
RaymondAbel
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by RaymondAbel »

I feel i will keep my 1.41 firmware

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk