Accelerometer data missing on last run

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Accelerometer data missing on last run

Post by gplracerx »

I made four runs today. The first three had good accelerometer data, the last didn't. I never moved the phone from its place on the windshield. I was covering the phone with my hat between runs to keep it from overheating and at one point, possibly before the last run, I remember seeing a box on the screen about accelerometer data graphing. I closed box. Could that have resulted in loss of accelerometer calibration?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Accelerometer data missing on last run

Post by Harry »

Box about accelerometer data graphing? The one you get when touching a Lateral or Lineal numeric gadget? This should have no influence, while pressing the Max G gadget resets calibration (probably needs to be blocked in case you have set your own calibration and locked it).

Harry
Image Image Image Image
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by gplracerx »

Touching Max G brings up a different box saying that the accelerometer will be re-calibrated. I didn't see that. I also didn't see anything about the calibration being locked. Can you only get to that from the accelerometer screen in the Real Time menu? In Settings, I have accelerometer calibration set to Measured.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Measured is individual calibration. It is reset regularly and probably the least safe version to use. Please either use the presets or lock your calibration once you calibrated it individually - and correctly.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by gplracerx »

I thought had it set to Internal Cam preset and locked. I'm not at all sure how it changed to measured.
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by gplracerx »

This happened again with the new beta version. It was set to Internal Cam preset. Am I going to have to take the phone out of its mount and test it before every run to make sure the accelerometer is working?