Upgraded from Petrolhead to Grand Prix and don't see any new features?

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
spjonez
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Upgraded from Petrolhead to Grand Prix and don't see any new features?

Post by spjonez »

Hi I originally purchased Petrolhead and after a few track days upgraded to Grand Prix for the video lap comparison feature. I haven't recorded any laps since I upgraded, but I don't see any additional analytics on my recorded laps and I can't figure out how to do a video lap comparison.

I have a reference lap set to my best lap and when I click on another lap I want to compare it with I see the same options I did before I upgraded. If you upgrade your version of Laptimer are the new features only available on recordings made after the upgrade? When I launch the app it shows Grand Prix Edition v20.0.17 (iOS).
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Upgraded from Petrolhead to Grand Prix and don't see any new features?

Post by Harry »

No, data is recorded independent from edition. Touch the graphs in any chart to get a cursor (plus video frame of available). Touch a second position and you will be in two curio mode showing deltas.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
spjonez
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by spjonez »

Thanks for the reply. I found the new analytics views but I'm still having trouble figuring out how to do a video lap comparison from your instructions. This is what I'm trying:

1. Open Laptimer
2. Click Analysis
3. Click Lap List
4. Select a lap
5. Under Data Recording, click (i)
6. Click the Laps tab
7. Click another lap in the bar graph
8. Click details in the popup
9. Under video click Play

What am I doing wrong?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

In step 6, do not select Laps but Charts. This will show a number of charts you can swim through page by page. Using the first you see (Speed vs. Distance from Start), touch the chart anywhere. This will add an orange vertical cursor. In case the lap selected in step 4 has a video associated, the video frame matching this cursor will be displayed.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
spjonez
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by spjonez »

Thanks I'm getting closer but not quite there yet. When I'm on the Charts view Speed @ Distance and click the dotted line (ref lap) I see a video thumbnail for my best lap. I can drag the orange vertical cursor around and the thumbnail changes as I move it. If I click somewhere else on the chart it adds a second orange vertical cursor that's creating a timeline between the start and end cursors. Clicking (i) opens a popup showing accumulated time gap.

When two vertical orange lines are present the video thumbnail disappears. With only one line clicking on the thumbnail adds a second vertical line? How do I overlay the two like you did in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bviIV7SnU7k

Cheers!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

For the chart - yes, that's how it works. Like adding the first and the second cursor, touching one of them will remove it again. You can drag the cursors too: touch down on the cursor, drag, and lift the finger afterwards. All of this is used to do a data based analysis. The thumbnail shown it for orientation and to understand the line driven in a particular corner.

The overlay shown in the video linked is kind of the other way around. It allows a video centric analysis with data augmented. To create an overlaid video (with or without a second or third multi cam), please have a look into Video Documentation available from www.gps-laptimer.de/documentation.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image