Incomplete Lap Recordings

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
cobbyboy
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: Incomplete Lap Recordings

Post by cobbyboy »

Harry wrote:Attitude / height should not have any influence on trigger detection or accuracy - but you never know. Please feel free to export a single lap (that actually worked) from Road Atlanta and send it to my (Harry@gps-laptimer.de). Please add .hlptrl and .kml formats. At a note "missed stop trigger in Road Atlanta" so I get the context.

As a work around, enlarge the Wide Corridor to e.g. 60 meters in Expert Settings too.

- Harry
Thanks, Harry, I will do both. Is there any way to insert the start finish break in a recorded lap that actually includes multiple laps. Best, Jim
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by gplracerx »

cobbyboy,

You might also try exporting unsplit lap data in .kml format and opening it in Google Earth to see if there is some glaring error in the GPS data, like it thinks you went into the paddock.

After you widen the corridor, first send the program to the background and open it up again, then open a lap and scroll down to the Recalculate button. In the Recalculate menu, there is a Verify Lap button. Touch that and, if the corridor now includes the path of the car, it should split the lap correctly. Or at least that's how it's supposed to work
cobbyboy
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by cobbyboy »

gplracerx wrote:cobbyboy,

You might also try exporting unsplit lap data in .kml format and opening it in Google Earth to see if there is some glaring error in the GPS data, like it thinks you went into the paddock.

After you widen the corridor, first send the program to the background and open it up again, then open a lap and scroll down to the Recalculate button. In the Recalculate menu, there is a Verify Lap button. Touch that and, if the corridor now includes the path of the car, it should split the lap correctly. Or at least that's how it's supposed to work
Than you!! I managed to extract a couple of laps this way. Will do on the.kml. Best, Jim