Incomplete Lap Recordings

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Incomplete Lap Recordings

Post by Harry »

No! This will remove all the system backups LapTimer created for you. Please goto Administration / Databases and check if you find recent backup copies. You may try to restore a recent one to get data back.

For the speed item: do you have your OBD connected when you see this effect (no speed)? Note that LapTimer stores both GPS and wheel speed if available. Export a lap to .csv and you will see two columns for these. What do they show for a recording displaying 0 speed.

I have no recent reports on connection issues with the Dual XGPS, so it is likely some configuration issue. Try resetting it and forget BT connection and pair it again.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by gplracerx »

I'm having connection dropping issues with the Dual. The Bluetooth connection to the device goes away for no apparent reason, i.e. the blue light on the Dual turns off. Turning the Dual off and back on usually fixes the problem, but I have to check before I go on a run to make sure it hasn't dropped back to the internal GPS without any notice.
cobbyboy
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by cobbyboy »

I have had the incomplete lap problem in my last three sessions at Road Atlanta, as well as laps that simply did not record at all. GPS sig shows good, although I did notice ATT signal was weak. A friend had precisely the same problem weekend before last.
cobbyboy
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by cobbyboy »

Harry, I have continued to have this problem at Road Atlanta,along with the failure to record anything at all as well as the failure to record video when the time is recorded. The GPS signal is good. Can you suggest anything to try? Would re-downloading the trackset for this track make a difference, or is that even possible? Should I try resetting the app settings? Thanks, Jim
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Please check you have the right track set loaded (including CW or CCW if applicable) and reload it. The only other reason are issues with GPS.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
cobbyboy
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by cobbyboy »

How do I check CW or CCW? Thanks, Jim
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Load it from Administration / Add-ons. After loading it, you will be transitioned to Map View with the track in focus. Road Atlanta is defined as a clockwise configuration.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
cobbyboy
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by cobbyboy »

Harry wrote:Load it from Administration / Add-ons. After loading it, you will be transitioned to Map View with the track in focus. Road Atlanta is defined as a clockwise configuration.

Harry
Thanks Harry. Sorry to be a pain. Just really want to resolve this..
cobbyboy
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by cobbyboy »

cobbyboy wrote:
Harry wrote:Load it from Administration / Add-ons. After loading it, you will be transitioned to Map View with the track in focus. Road Atlanta is defined as a clockwise configuration.

Harry
Thanks Harry. Sorry to be a pain. Just really want to resolve this..
Harry, Sorry to say I am still having this Problem at Road Atlanta. Another driver suggested this may be due to the fact that the Start/Finish is at the lowest part of the track coming after a quick downhill drop of 70 ft. If this is the cause, can I assume that an external GPS might help? If so, could you advise if one of the recommended GPS devices would be better than others for this problem? Many thanks, Jim
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Attitude / height should not have any influence on trigger detection or accuracy - but you never know. Please feel free to export a single lap (that actually worked) from Road Atlanta and send it to my (Harry@gps-laptimer.de). Please add .hlptrl and .kml formats. At a note "missed stop trigger in Road Atlanta" so I get the context.

As a work around, enlarge the Wide Corridor to e.g. 60 meters in Expert Settings too.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image