No overlay data in exported video

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
jsound
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: No overlay data in exported video

Post by jsound »

av5150 wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:15 pm Hi Harry,

When I press Play in the lap timer and I haven't yet done the export, I can see the overlay data (though not PiP):

IMG_2938.png

When I tap the "Export" button the process takes about two minutes. These are the options I see in the Overlay configuration before the export takes place:

IMG_2939.png

Once the export completes, the two separate videos are replaced by one video in the LapTimer and there's a new video in the Photo Library. But the exported video doesn't have either overlay or PiP:

IMG_2942.png

So it looks like there isn't a problem transferring the exported video to the Photos Library, but the overlay information (and PiP) aren't in the exported video. Hopefully this helps.
I'm running into this exact issue as well using iOS. The preview shows the overlay correctly. It's only when I export > overlay that the video shows no overlay.

Anyone know how to fix this issue?
SmoothIsSlow
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by SmoothIsSlow »

I am running into the same issue as well. Overlay shows before export in HLT. Once exported, the resultant video in the Photo App does not contain PIP or overlay.

I am on the iOS as well.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Please read about this incompatibility with iOS /HERO 7 in viewtopic.php?f=39&t=1693

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
AXEM_NS
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by AXEM_NS »

Harry wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:17 am Please read about this incompatibility with iOS /HERO 7 in viewtopic.php?f=39&t=1693

- Harry
So Harry is this still aproblem after one year time? I just bought grand prix version and spend 2 days because I thought it would be user mistake. Is there a reliable work around? Before I reset my gopro I would like to know if this will work
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Please understand this is nothing LapTimer can change. It is an iOS thing. I can't give an "official" workaround - I have no 7 available. But I assume there are some users who made it work.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
pcordeiro
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by pcordeiro »

Hello all

I think I have a work around.

1. Import the video file to iphone.

2. Open the video file with iMovie

3. Export video (choose definition). After this, the exported video format will be compatible.

4. Open HLT and overlay data over the exported iMovie video file.

Job done!
teemmy
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by teemmy »

Just wanted to comment on this - i found a work around for those who are interested - i took my gopro video file, imported it into my iphone and i then used the footage and created it as a movie project within the imovie app on ios. I then saved the video from imovie back into iphoto and used the newly created imovie export as footage for harry's lap timer and this allowed me to put the data overlay!

a couple of extra steps, but it works! hopefully this helps everyone - I would definitely recommend Harry to add this to the critical issues as a viable work around for those with the gopro hero 7. imovie is a native app on all ios devices so it's easily accessible (plus you can adjust the video quality with exporting the imovie file) :D :D :D
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

👍
Image Image Image Image