GoPro 4 video transfer and overlay

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
Tonycool
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

GoPro 4 video transfer and overlay

Post by Tonycool »

I am trying to transfer video from my GoPro to the iPhone to overlay the gauges. Am I supposed to transfer the video over from witching HLT or use the GoPro app? If I am supposed to use HLT, it always tells me the video is offline. I am able to see the videos from within th GOPro app though.

I assume once HLT can see the video from within the app that performing the overlay is the same as using the iPhone video source.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: GoPro 4 video transfer and overlay

Post by Harry »

Hi,

For larger videos, please use the file copy method described in Video Documentation available from www.gps-laptimer.de/documentation. You can use the GoPro App to download the video to the Photo app too and relink it there (see the docs again), but any transfer using the WiFi download will take a lot of time.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
olwe
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by olwe »

I have the files from my GoPro Hero 4 that I use for Picture in Picture transferred to my computer but cannot figure out how to transfer them to the Laptimer sandbox on my iPad Mini3 running iOS 9.3.2. I try to use your instructions from the video documentation but fail. The documentation states: "For iOS , start iTunes and connect your iPhone. Select the phone from the top and select Apps from the left list.
Scroll down and find File Sharing / Apps and select LapTimer. Now, you will see all files stored in LapTimer Recordings on the right–just drop the video you want to overlay into this folder."
I select the iPad icon but cannot find "Scroll down and find File Sharing / Apps and select LapTimer". I am running iTunes 12.3 on a Windows 7 computer. Can you assist with more detailed instructions?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Have you selected "Apps" on the left after selecting your iPad in the top?

Harry
Image Image Image Image