Code 15 Audio encoding in master not supported

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
dsmithuk
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Code 15 Audio encoding in master not supported

Post by dsmithuk »

hi,

I switched from iphone to android (one a friend had spare) and am trying to export overlaid video of a capture taken on a SJ4000 - this worked perfectly on iphone, but on android 4.2.2 (htc one sv) i'm getting "code: 15, audio encoding in master not supported". any idea what I can do to fix?
thanks in advance.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Code 15 Audio encoding in master not supported

Post by Harry »

This means the audio format used by the SJ4000 is not supported for your Android device. To use it nevertheless, please convert the video's audio to something better known like AAC. There are tools around doing this (namely ffmpeg or it UI front end Handbrake).

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
RonnieB
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by RonnieB »

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I'm experiencing the same error with my Samsung S7. I've used Handbrake to convert the .mp4 video's audio to AAC (AAC avcodec), then copying it over to the my phone again. Still no success. Any other suggestions on how to resolve this issue?

I'm simply trying to overlay a single lap data from HLT on a .mp4 video taken from a GoPro.

Thanks.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Switch to Software encoding in LapTimer's Expert Settings. There are so many different implementations of video codecs in Android - impossible to trouble shoot this individually.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
RonnieB
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by RonnieB »

Forgot to mention, I tried the switched to Force Software Encoding and it has not resolved the error. I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 running Android 7.0, which should be a fairly common setup. Any other ideas? Really hoping I can resolve this issue because otherwise I'm not going to be able to use HLT.

Alternatively, is there any way to do this on a Desktop? I'm not really a fan of importing these large video files onto my phone and doing this all over Android.

Thanks.