GoPro session will not connect

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
Desmo998
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

GoPro session will not connect

Post by Desmo998 »

I would like to set up HLT to have the iPhone PIP inside the go pro with overlay as the final product

I have HLT GP edition v20.0.1

I am running the HLT software on an iPhone 6+

I recently bought a GoPro session 4, and am having problems getting go pro to stay connected to the phone, an at no point have I been able to see the go pro video through the HLT app

I have the goPro connected to the phone via wifi

In the settings:
-internal cam, set to HD
-Multilane is set to PIP
-External cam is set to, HERO4 (it will not let me select anything else)
-Where is says password, it shows HERO3/3+wifi Password, I have my password for my goPro entered (why would it it say Hero3/3 +wifi password?)
when I go into lap time mode and press the video operation button I select both internal and external video, it shows that HERO4 is connected. When I try to select the internal / external icon, it spins a while and then says that there is no external camera connected.

Please help, I love this product and would really like to get it working with the video aspects not just the lao timer.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: GoPro session will not connect

Post by Harry »

Hi,

The HERO Session is not compatible with GoPro's external interface. It may work partially but is neither tested nor officially supported. I will probably investigate what to change to make it work later this year, but I cannot promise anything here. Compatible cams are listed on www.gps-laptimer.de/compatibility/ios.

To make the external cam the master and the internal cam a PiP, the MultiCam Preset needs to be set to Master. This however simply defines the initial order. You can exchange the roles by selecting the lap from Lap List, press Edit, and drag videos / placeholder up and down. The top most video is the master.

The field HERO3/3+ Password is irrelevant for HERO4, it is necessary for the older HERO3/3+ communication standard.

But these are all just minor adjustment. The root problem is the HERO Session incompatibility, I'm sorry.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Desmo998
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Desmo998 »

Harry,

Thank you for the response. I guess I made a mistake by ordering the session. I will wait to see if an when you update the software to include the session. I thought because it was go pro it would work.

I actually did get it to work a bit, but only in preview, and I had to disconnect the camera and connect it again every time I did a new recording.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

The alternative is to operate the Session manually. You can add the footage to LapTimer using the Add Video function later. This will require you to set the data / video sync yourself, but it is probably easier than fiddling with a "half integration" all the time.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
Desmo998
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Desmo998 »

Harry,

Thank you, I am trying that now.

Peter
MAARENA
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by MAARENA »

Hi Harry.

I have an Iphone7 and Gopro Hero 5 Session. The first time I ran Harrys Lap Timer GP Edition I was able to connect to the Gopro and Preview the image, therefore I could start and récord my laps. Now it is not working anymore, it says the can is connected but can not Preview. Can you give me any clue ?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hello,

The Session 5 is not supported. I removed the Sessions from my list of compatible devices - too many problems after recent firmware updates. I recommend to operate the cam manually and add footage to laps after the fact.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
MAARENA
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by MAARENA »

Thanks you.Would you recommend any particular versión of the GoPro? How can I add footage to laps? Best Regards.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Please see www.gps-laptimer.de/compatibility/ios for compatible action cams.
A video on how to add footage recorded manually is available here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXjVb8nWCXI

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
MAARENA
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by MAARENA »

Many thanks!